Terms and Conditions
The below mentioned terms and conditions will be with reference to the following entities:
“Longman Capital Pte Ltd” will be referred to as “Company”
“www.shopmonk.com.au” will be referred to as “Website”
Shopmonk is a revolution that endeavors to make luxury accessible, we believe in staying ahead of the curve when it comes to technology, that’s why we bring the latest trends to you long before they become mainstream.
Our products are carefully curated, internationally sourced, quality checked and priced right in order to provide you with a superlative shopping experience.
Use of the Website
By accessing the website, you warrant and represent to the website owner that you are legally entitled to do so and to make use of information made available via the website.
The trademarks, names, logos, and service marks (collectively "trademarks") displayed on this website should not be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of the website owner and the respective owners of the same.
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of the website owner and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk.
Disputes and settlements
By buying a product on the shopmonk Australia website and accepting the terms and conditions, it is agreed that the customer has entered into an agreement with Longman Capital Pte Ltd, which shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in Australia. Longman Capital Pte Ltd is only liable for the transaction value of the goods sold to customer at the time of purchase. All disputes are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Melbourne, Australia. The customer hereby accedes to and accepts the jurisdiction of such courts.
Longman Capital Pte Ltd shall not be responsible for any delay resulting due to “force majeure” events defined as any event beyond reasonable control of either party including, without limitation, unavailability of any communication system, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, Acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war or acts of government, etc.
Customers can choose from the following payments options available on the shopmonk Australia website:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Online Bank Transfer
COD is available within a specific limit from Shopmonk Australia
Return(s) and Exchange Policy**
We constantly strive to provide you products with the highest standards of quality. In-case you were to notice a manufacturing defect in the product delivered to you, please write to us at email@example.com OR call us on 1300 304 508 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Saturday) within 24 hours of receiving the product.
Any claim regarding the product beyond 24 hours from the date of delivery will not be entertained.
Return(s) and exchange will always remain at the sole discretion of Longman Capital Pte Ltd and the company reserves the right to decide the same and as explained in the refund policy.
** Complete terms are detailed under ‘Steps to Be Noted for Easy Exchange of Product(s)’ section.
Steps to be noted for easy exchange of product(s)
-The acceptance of exchange will be at the sole discretion of Longman Capital Pte Ltd.
-The original seal on the package should be intact.
- To facilitate a smooth product exchange, please ensure that the product must be sent back in the original packed condition with all packaging elements (such as seals, stickers, labels, and box pack) intact.
- The product must be unused and should not be damaged in any way.
- Once an exchange request is placed, acceptance of the request shall remain at the sole discretion of Longman Capital Pte Ltd, the company will arrange for a courier pickup and assign the customer an airway bill number.
-Customer is required to take a print out of the airway bill and handover the same along with the package to the courier.
- Longman Capital Pte Ltd does not endorse self returns of products and the customer must bear all risk, charge(s) and insurance for shipping. Should he/she wish to exercise this option, Longman Capital Pte Ltd shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage in transit and the responsibility of such shipments lies solely with the customer
-If a pickup destination is non-serviceable, then the customer must bear all risk, charge(s) and insurance for shipping. Longman Capital Pte Ltd shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage in transit and the responsibility of such shipments lies solely with the customer.
Owing to the diverse range of products being a part of the shopmonk website, we’ve provided a category-wise breakup below to ensure absolute transparency and clarity regarding our policy:
Electronics (phones, speakers, laptops, etc.)
For cancellation of the order, a nominal 5% re-stocking fee of the cancelled product value will be charged.
Longman Capital Pte Ltd (shopmonk Australia) is not liable to pay any interest in-case of any refund(s) for any reasons whatsoever.
Once a refund is approved, if eligible the time to process the refund shall be 7-14 working days in order to the same and is subject to the terms and conditions.
Acceptance of all order cancellation(s) will be at the sole discretion of Longman Capital Pte Ltd.
As we source all our brands internationally, the lead time for all the orders are 14-21 working days. Below is the breakdown of category-wise shipping information:
Electronics (phones, speakers, laptops, etc.)
14-21 days from the date of confirmation of the order.
To ensure a seamless experience, Longman Capital Pte Ltd will share the shipping details on the shopmonk Australia website once an order is shipped from our facility in Australia to help our customers track their order(s).
Website Privacy Notice (www.shopmonk.com.au)
What Personal Information about Customers Does www.shopmonk.com.au Gather? Gather?
Does www.shopmonk.com.au Share the Information It Receives?
What about Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Which Information Can I Access?
What Choices Do I Have?
Are Children Allowed to Use www.shopmonk.com.au?
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information about Customers does shopmonk Australia gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your www.shopmonk.com.au website experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website (www.shopmonk.com.au) or give us in any other way. Below are the examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses www.shopmonk.com.au website or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of www.shopmonk.com.au on other Web sites. Below are also examples of the information we receive.
Mobile:When you download or use apps/mobile website created by Longman Capital Pte Ltd or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, see the examples below.
E-mail Communications:To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from www.shopmonk.com.au if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customers’ lists to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive an e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences on the www.shopmonk.com.au website.
Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Below are some of the examples of the information we receive.
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide specific features and Recommended for You , personalized advertisements on other Websites (e.g., Longman Capital Pte Ltd Associates with content served by www.shopmonk.com.au and Websites using Checkout by www.shopmonk.com.au payment service), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does Longman Capital Pte Ltd and www.shopmonk.com.au Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Longman Capital Pte Ltd controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of www.shopmonk.com.au customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences on the website.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Longman Capital Pte Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of Longman Capital Pte Ltd. and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of www.shopmonk.com.au, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
All Promotions to shopmonk Australia customers: It can be from www.shopmonk.com.au specifically or its affiliates or its partners.
With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Which Information Can I Access?
www.shopmonk.com.au gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with www.shopmonk.com.au for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Below are some examples, the list of which will change as our Website evolves.
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such www.shopmonk.com.au features.
You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
If you do not want to receive an e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences . (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of www.shopmonk.com.au, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use www.shopmonk.com.au website?
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use www.shopmonk.com.au website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit www.shopmonk.com.au website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law(s) of Australia jurisdiction only. If you have any concern about privacy at www.shopmonk.com.au, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our website frequently to see any recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
General Terms for Apple devices:
When an Apple device is returned to the seller, the device should be restored to Factory Settings, the iCloud ID and Password should be removed and Find My Device feature should be disabled.
Please note that the data has to be backed up at the customer’s end and the same should be deleted from the device before returning it.
Instructions to restore the Apple device to factory settings can be found here.
Instructions to remove your device from Find My Device and the iCloud account can be found here.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through www.shopmonk.com.au website or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; use our services; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; and employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone numbers; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile; and financial information, including driver's license numbers.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at shopmonk Australia include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book, and other settings); payment settings (including credit card information and promotional certificate and gift card balances); e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, and newsletters); Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and Baby and Wedding Registries) and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, lists, Reminders, personal profile, and Wish List).
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account. If you want to remove your contact information from all Shopmonk Australia lists and newsletters, please send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe.
Do You Have Any Questions?
Warranty (applicable for electronics only)
At www.shopmonk.com.au, we procure imported products with free delivery and dispatch within 7-14 days. While the imported electronic products come with a 1-Year Monk Warranty, there will be a 6 month Warranty on Accessories. www.shopmonk.com.au offers its Customers a One-year Warranty (for ‘Manufacturers Defective’ products ONLY). This Warranty is ONLY applicable on products bought from www.shopmonk.com.au or its affiliates for which the manufacturer/brand of the product being sold does not offer warranty in Australia. We don’t accept any out of warranty repairs across all the products bought from the www.shopmonk.com.au website or any other website. Warranty - Terms & Conditions Following terms and conditions constitute a contract between the Customer ('You' or 'Your' or 'User' or 'Customer') and Longman Capital Pte Ltd (referred to as ‘Seller’ or ‘We’ or ‘Our’)and www.shopmonk.com.au (referred to as ‘shopmonk’). These terms and conditions apply to all products purchased from shopmonk Australia or from its affiliates unless indicated otherwise. On certain days, such as exclusive sale, year-end sale, festival sale and so on, the cancellations and returns policy may not be applicable. All such cases will be indicated to the customer clearly on the website. All Warranties provided by Seller are subject to shopmonk Australia Website Terms & Conditions listed here. Shopmonk Australia reserves the right to make changes to this Policy without notice. All status communication between shopmonk Australia and Users will be on email (email ID used to register on www.shopmonk.com.au) or phone number (number as registered on website). As brands may choose to support warranty terms for specific products or for products from specific countries of origin on an ongoing case-by-case basis, an exhaustive list is not provided here. Shopmonk Australia has made efforts to list products covered under Monk Warranty or Manufacturer Warranty on the product page of the website on a best effort basis. Under Monk Warranty, the seller will try to fix your item within 14 business days from the day it is received at its center, however under exceptional circumstances, if spare parts are not available, it may take longer that the defined 14 days . If Seller is not able to fix the product within the normal timeframe, we will offer you a replacement or refund the full amount paid at the time of purchase. Note that: Monk Warranty does not replace Warranty if provided in Australia by the Manufacturer or Brand of the specific product at the time of sale. Monk Warranty is invalid in all such cases. Monk Warranty if applicable will commence from date of delivery of product for a year. Monk Warranty does not extend or add-on to existing manufacturer warranty time period, if present. Shopmonk Australia is not affiliated with the manufacturer of the products in any way. Products are international models imported directly from internationally based distributors and may differ in some respects from other similar products available from retailers in Australia. All accessories or items provided along with the device sold including but not limited to charger, battery, earphones, remote, Computer Mouse etc. will be covered for a period of 6 months from date of sale. Other than the time period of warranty, the remaining terms will follow that of One-year Monk Warranty with terms as given below.
Terms for Warranty
1. Seller agrees to repair or replace the product which it supplied to you at its own cost as per conditions set out below in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with Seller’s specifications mentioned on the website (shopmonk.com.au) during the Warranty period of 12 months commencing on the date of delivery of the Product. If there is no proof of delivery of product, this date will be assumed to be 10 business days from the date of dispatch of the Product.
2.Proof of purchase (invoice or order confirmation) must be provided by you when requesting service under Warranty.
3. Please note that you must keep adequate/appropriate packaging when delivering through our courier pickup service. In the event that you do not have adequate packaging, you will bear the responsibility for safely packaging Your Product for transport and Seller accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.
4. Before submitting your Shopmonk Australia -sold Product for warranty service you should maintain a separate backup copy of the contents of its storage media, remove all personal information that you want to protect and disable all security passwords.
5. During warranty service the contents of the storage media will be deleted and reformatted. Seller and its agents are not responsible for any loss of software programs, data or other information contained on the storage media or any other part of the Shopmonk Australia -sold product serviced.
6. Seller requires any Customer requesting service under Warranty to comply with directions from Shopmonk Australia Customer Care staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions.
7. Seller reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Seller reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Seller will determine, in its discretion, the closest or better Product within the current range of Products offered by Seller with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Seller. Seller may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part warranty does not extend or restart the Warranty period and it limited to the remaining part of the original warranty period.
8. If Seller is unable to repair or replace the Product, the Customer will be refunded the price of the Product (at Seller’s election). This refund is limited to the amount of the purchase price of the Product. This clause remains solely at the discretion of shopmonk Australia.
9.In the event of a replacement, refund is provided as per point 5 of these terms given above; the faulty item will become the property of the Seller.
10.Where Seller authorizes warranty service of a Product, Seller will organize for an authorized courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 10 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorized repair center. Product must be safely and securely packaged for transport. In this situation, Seller, will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Shopmonk Australia if Shopmonk Australia specifically authorizes the Customer in writing to do so, in which case Seller will refund the Customer the cost of the courier on provision of a scanned copy of the courier receipt via email (email@example.com) to an amount not exceeding AU $10/-. Where the Customer is located outside Australia, Seller may require that the Product be sent to Australia as directed by shopmonk Australia at its own cost.
11. For Televisions under warranty, In-case of repair claims during warranty period, inspection charges maybe applicable.
12. For certain categories such as Consumer Appliances, there will be no pickup service. In such cases, Seller authorized service personnel will schedule a visit to Customer’s home or indicated location for repair and servicing during business hours (between 9:30 am to 6:30 pm, Monday to Friday).
13. Seller reserves the right to determine which authorized repair center (including Seller’s internal repair facility) is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
14. As a policy, it is advised that the customers use Shopmonk Australia’s authorized courier facility, for Self-Return, the Product will be at the Customer's risk while in transit to the Seller Authorized Repair Center. Seller may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Seller if the Product is in good working condition, or if the Warranty does not apply as per ‘Warranty Not Applicable’ section mentioned below.
15. Seller has reasonable discretion to determine if Product is or is not performing in accordance with the Seller’s specifications listed on website.
16. To the full extent permitted by law, the Warranty terms will not apply in respect of a Product under following conditions: Product has not been used or operated according to manufacturer's instructions or specifications provided with the Product; Repair has been attempted by any unauthorized service center. Seller shall not be liable for reimbursements, claims & damages resulting from unauthorized repair of the product; If the serial number or IMEI number from the manufacturer has been altered or removed from the Product which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), thunderstorm activity, force majeure, liquid spillage, maladjustment of Customer controls, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, tampering or unauthorized repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, voltage supply problems, the operation of a computer virus or malware of any kind, exposure to corrosive conditions or entry by any insect or foreign object in the Product; To damage arising from transportation, installation or while moving the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions; To any third-party hardware or software which was not contained in the Product when originally configured by the manufacturer; To any incidence of defective pixels (i.e. dead or stuck pixels) that arise for Monitors and Digital Photo Frames, except as determined by Seller to denote an LED or LCD panel fault (and except as covered by the Website Terms and Conditions). To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications; To replace or repair any consumables (including projector lamps, batteries or cables), or missing parts and accessories; To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or to service product if outside Australia. To such product where manufacturer warranty is applicable
17. To the full extent permitted by law: Shopmonk Australia (referred to as “Seller”) will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage. Seller’s total liability in respect of all claims under Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at the Seller’s option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product.
18. These Terms and the relationship between you and Shopmonk Australia shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Australia without reference to conflict of laws principles.
19. You agree that all claims, differences, and disputes arising under or in connection with or in relation to the Terms of Warranties or any transactions entered into on or through the Website or the relationship between You and Seller shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Melbourne, Australia and You hereby accede to and accept the jurisdiction of such courts. Seller can be contacted through Shopmonk Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. The winners of contests and giveaways will be selected at the company's discretion
2. The prizes/ gifts/ giveaways are non-returnable/ exchangeable for cash
3. Any additional facilities provided by the company to winners and selectees of any contest is at the company's discretion
4. Shopmonk Australia reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of contests/ giveaways without prior intimation
5. Offer valid for select products only